Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Who wants a Woodcraft?

On Mar 31, 12:45�pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 31 Mar 2007 07:27:48 -0700, "Charlie Self" wrote:

On Mar 31, 9:51?am, "RonB" wrote:
Some of the franchises do very well. *ome of them do not. * * * * t depends
on the guy who's running the operation.

I think success of any retail operation depends on the people on the sales
floor. * * * * *went into a KC Woodcraft about 6 years ago and asked some very
basic questions about a Unisaw sitting on the showroom floor. *he salesman
who greeted us could not answer questions - OK.

ut I was amazed that no

one else in the store seemed able, or interested in finding the info.

I had a pickup sitting in front of the store and was prepared to haul a
machine back to Wichita, about 180 miles south. *ortunately, this
experience, and my lonesome examination of the machine on their floor,
lengthened my research process. * * * * have thoroughtly enjoyed my Grizzly
1023S.

RonB

I simply do not understand franchise owners who allow problems to
develop. The basic nut going into one of these things is on the order
of a half million bucks, not something most of us can toss in the
trash because we're too lazy to pay attention to training and too
goofy to train staff.

* Charles, *thanks for that bit of information, I was wondering what the
going in cost would be.

Forbes has an issue on franchises each year. See if your local library
has a copy: their information is more current, and probably more
accurate, than mine. Woodcraft lists somewhere in the top 500
franchises.