Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Shop Storage - How Do You Do It?

On 31 Mar 2007 10:11:05 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

I am interested in seeing how others do and what they use for storage
within their shops.

Anything from fasteners to material stock to tooling to ???....how do
you store it and what is it stored in or on?

Anything from the lowly coffee can to a Lista cabinet...let's hear
about it.

Descriptions and pictures would be great.

Thanks

TMT

Take a look at http://mklange.cnc.net/WorkBench.html You can see how I
store clamps and the drawers in the workbench that really provide
significant storage. The shelf in the back
http://mklange.cnc.net/WorkBenchDrawers/Open004.jpg with the yellow bins
holds screws, fasteners, and other hardware, all segregated, separated, and
pretty much organized. http://mklange.cnc.net/ShopPictures/Shop008.jpg
is a bit better view.

Wood storage is a wood rack:
http://mklange.cnc.net/ShopPictures/UpperDrawers01.jpg

The cabinet in the back of this picture
http://mklange.cnc.net/WorkBenchDrawers/Open008.jpg is one that ShopNotes
had a number of years ago http://mklange.cnc.net/ToolCabinet.html It
holds planes, chisels, and other tools.

The MDF cabinet http://mklange.cnc.net/ShopPictures/Inside004.jpg came
from Lowe's a number of years ago and I use it for storing finishes and
some table saw accessories.

Finally, the cabinets on the wall (painted white for light)
http://mklange.cnc.net/ShopPictures/Shop001.jpg were left by the former
owner.

Hope some of that gives you some ideas.