Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Slow draining toilet

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:30:53 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:54:31 -0800, Oren wrote:

I found four or five Q-Tips in one toilet. I had removed the toilet
and had it outside with a water hose for cleaning. Looked like they
had make-up on them. They never cleared when flushed; kinda rotated
around in the toilet.

What makes people imagine they can throw these things into the
toilet.?

I don't know. I give! The next time I drop my reading glasses in the
bowl I will follow past practice - go get 'em.

A good reason for putting a wastebasket in the bathroom though, maybe
next to the toilet.

For girly-stuff, also.

The worst case I've seen was a syringe stuck the bowl rim, clogging
flush vents.

This one doesn't bother me so much. He was probably hiding the
syringe in the tank, and didn't expect it to get flushed. Not nearly
as stupid as intentionally flushing something.

That was the only reason I could figure at the time; since the syringe
got past the flapper and into the bowl rim. I had never used the
hallerb trick with acid. While I had the tank off I poured the acid in
to clean the vents. It floated up and at first glace I figured, here
is a q-tip. Grabbed needle nose plier, grabbed it and shazzammm a
syringe.

We called this the krack house. I helped a Realtor with a
bad toilet. When I put muriatic acid in to clean the rim vents if
floated up. Lord knows how it got there.

--
Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"