Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Slow draining toilet

In article , Jeff Wisnia says...

Brian O wrote:

After putting a certain brand of tp down this toilet, it drains very slowly.
Its been doing this for a while now and I cant plunge it out or get my auger
in there. The auger doesn't seem to be able to slide around the curves
easily. Would grease on this thing actually help this? What other
alternatives do I have besides taking the toilet loose to clear the clog?
TIA.

The auger you refer to IS a "closet auger" I presume. If not, get one.

I don't think grease will do anything to help, the water should provide
enough lubrication.

I've never encounteed a toilet I couldn't get a closet auger to go through.

Maybe it's not just the TP used. Are you sure that something HARD, like
a prescription pill bottle maybe, didn't get flushed and is now blocking
most of the area of the trap passage?

Tampons, Q-tips, dental floss can get strung across and catch things..