Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Shop Storage - How Do You Do It?

Tons of ideas about storage.

BUT, I looked at empty space that was not being used, and asked myself why.

Almost all the available space was up. Along roofs. On trusses. Etc.

Now, you can't get goofy and store engine blocks and heavy things up there,
but you can sure use a lot of that space.

I used to get "grid wall" from conventions. So much of it that I quit
bringing it home. You can only use so much for trellises and such. It is
about three by eight feet. Pretty hefty wire pressed into squares like
concrete reinforcing wire. Some white, some black, some even chromed. It
makes a good hanging shelf from hooks and chain lagged into the rafters.
You can see through it to know what's there, and the dust doesn't accumulate
like a regular shelf.

Again, you have to keep it light, but I found a lot of empty space by
looking up.

(no nasty jokes about vacant craniums, please)

HTH

Steve