Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Who wants a Woodcraft?

On 31 Mar 2007 07:27:48 -0700, "Charlie Self" wrote:

On Mar 31, 9:51?am, "RonB" wrote:
Some of the franchises do very well. ome of them do not. t depends
on the guy who's running the operation.

I think success of any retail operation depends on the people on the sales
floor. went into a KC Woodcraft about 6 years ago and asked some very
basic questions about a Unisaw sitting on the showroom floor. he salesman
who greeted us could not answer questions - OK.

ut I was amazed that no
one else in the store seemed able, or interested in finding the info.

I had a pickup sitting in front of the store and was prepared to haul a
machine back to Wichita, about 180 miles south. ortunately, this
experience, and my lonesome examination of the machine on their floor,
lengthened my research process. have thoroughtly enjoyed my Grizzly
1023S.

RonB

I simply do not understand franchise owners who allow problems to
develop. The basic nut going into one of these things is on the order
of a half million bucks, not something most of us can toss in the
trash because we're too lazy to pay attention to training and too
goofy to train staff.

Charles, thanks for that bit of information, I was wondering what the
going in cost would be.