Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Malaysian LPG appliance

In message , Caecilius
writes
I've got a Malaysian steamboat cooker that I want to use in the UK. It
consists of an LPG gas burner with a seperate cooking pot on the top.

If you're wondering what steamboat is, here's an explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steamboat_%28food%29

The gas inlet for the burner is a serrated metal pipe of about 10mm
external diameter. This appears to be for a rubber hose to be pushed on. I
think an 8mm i.d. low pressure hose will fit nicely.

There is a small lever that adjusts the air after the injector,
bunsen-burner style. I'm hoping that this will give me some leeway
regarding the gas type and pressure.

Here are some pics, which should help to explain things:

http://i9.tinypic.com/2zqvplc.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/334tfgh.jpg

What I'm wondering is:

1. propane or butane?

If it's the same as Indonesia (I would think that it is), it's propane

and it's spelt elpigi ...

As for pressure, no idea

--
geoff