JOE

Default plastering

A Question
I am about to patch an area 6 by 4ft on an existing plastered wall.
I have searched the site for advice on the subject and like most
people
the idea of plastering and matching onto an old plastered surface
(block wall) is going to be a difficult task (there is going to be
some lighting in the area so any bad plastering will show up).But i am
going to have a go at it. The suggestions given on the site are very
useful. The problem I expect to have is (a) Matching the old with the
new (feathering)and (b) Obtaining a good flat finish on the final
coat.
With regard to (b) I hope to level off the base coat with a piece of
wood, with two vertically lines of partially set browning, which I
dont expect to be a major problem ,The problem I see is putting on the
final coat, how does one get it level and flat while its drying fast?.
Has anyone used a roller to put on the finishing coat?. With regard to
(a) the suggestion I got was to use of a hard wet sponge combined with
the float.
Has anyone any suggestions on this topic
I believe there will be a new product from Belgium on the market in
the near future which will make the plastering of a wall much easier ,
I saw a plasterer/ painter using it on a television programme he
seemed to use what looked like a tool like a T piece with some flat
rubber on the top of the T piece.The plaster was placed on this flat
rubber and was rubbed onto the dry lining surface.
Has anyone seen or used this product.
Regards
Joe