Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Who wants a Woodcraft?

Some of the franchises do very well. Some of them do not. It depends
on the guy who's running the operation.

I think success of any retail operation depends on the people on the sales
floor. I went into a KC Woodcraft about 6 years ago and asked some very
basic questions about a Unisaw sitting on the showroom floor. The salesman
who greeted us could not answer questions - OK. But I was amazed that no
one else in the store seemed able, or interested in finding the info.

I had a pickup sitting in front of the store and was prepared to haul a
machine back to Wichita, about 180 miles south. Fortunately, this
experience, and my lonesome examination of the machine on their floor,
lengthened my research process. I have thoroughtly enjoyed my Grizzly
1023S.

RonB