David Hearn

Default Painting a bathroom

"John Andrews" wrote in message
om...
I was thinking it might be a con too. Normal emulsion is
cheaper and easier to apply.

The special bathroom stuff might have better wearing
qualities in a splashy environment I suppose.
I ask myself whether I've ever had a problem with
the lifetime of bathroom paint ... no.

I doubt its a con - bathroom/kitchen paints do appear to be more
plastic-coated when dried. I've rubbed a painted wall with a damp cloth
before to try and clean something off and found the cloth go the colour of
the paint slightly. Done this with a room painted with bathroom paint and
nothing came off - almost like its waterproof.

However - I suspect that most paints will be okay - as long as they don't
get wet for long periods - the question is possibly how wet/humid the room
gets. If you often get condensation on the walls, and it doesn't dry out
quickly, then there may be a problem.