Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dip tube question

Subject: Dip tube question
Date: Friday, March 30, 2007 1:07 PM

If I get that tank to last another few years it might save 5 bucks a
year, thats meaningless in comparison to a BIG hassle!

Well you have a point, but a life time of this kind of thinking cost a big
chunk of money. New cars because used cars are so much hassle, don't put on
a roof yourself because you might screw up, hire someone else to paint the
place, etc.

I guess we just disagree on the basic philosophy.

I seldom resort to paying some one to do that which I can do myself, and I
seldom toss anything out that is still serviceable.

--
Roger Shoaf

Well I NEVER buy brand new vehicles, still servicable at what cost?
That dip tube is probably near impossible to remove.

I reuse lots of stuff, but hot water tanks tend to fail at the very
WORST TIME!

Its like car batteries I replace mine before 4 years, and rarely get
stuck needing a jump, plus my alternator failure rate dropped
dramatically, then I give my old battery to a buddy with a wind
generator for his battery bank.