Gunner

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:06:47 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

If I had a gun, and it was easy to get guns, I know that I would be
slower to use that gun than the other guy (and he _will_ have a gun),
because I do not inately want to hurt him. In fact I would probably
point the gun, get it taken off me by the bad-ass martial arts freak,
and be shot with it.

Then you should not have a firearm.

A firearm is never presented without the clear idea that it may be used
in the next few seconds. Its not to be used as a threat, or as a tool of
argument.

If the situation is not important enough that the death or life long
maiming of someone is absolutely positively required..it should never
be presented.

Deadly force, be it a gun, a blade, an Escrima stick, accordian or
boomarang is only employed if one has reasonable cause to believe that
your life or the life of another is in immediate danger.

If you live in a world filled exclusivly with martial arts bad guys,
then simply learn how to retain that weapon. If faced with a martial
arts bad guy, you simply shoot him. No questions, no waffling, no
farting around, no second guessing.

If you are not willing to protect yourself, your family or your
community from evil, then simply pray they kill you in as humane a
fashion as possible. And pray they kill the women before raping them.
Watching them rape them before killing them is a bit tough to watch.

When carrying a deadly weapon, there is no maybes. No "maybe he wont
hurt me/us", no "Maybe he will settle for just hurting me/us just a
little bit".

You have to make the Reasonable Man determination whether or not your
assailent is a clear and immediate threat to your life or the life of
another. If so. Shoot/stab/cut/bash him. NOW!!.
If no such threat existst..retreat..

Do not attempt to plead, argue, or engage your assailent in
conversation. If an immediate threat exists, end it NOW!.

If you present your weapon, and the assailent stops his attack, he is no
longer an immediate threat. Dont shoot him.

Its all quite simple.

Retreat if given the opportunity. If not. Shoot to stop the attack as
fast as possible. You are not shooting to kill, but only to stop. If he
dies as a result, that was the result of his attack, not as a result of
your act of self defense. If he didnt attack, he wouldnt have been
hurt.

If one engages in an activity that may result in the death or injury of
another by the act itself, then the consequences are all on the head of
the actor..

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long