Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Minor basement floods

On Mar 30, 8:48 am, wrote:
In addition to the above mentioned items, if you feel the need for a
sump pump, then I have to wonder what's going on there. Ideally you
want to keep the water out of the house in the first place so as to
not need the sump pump.

Yes, that's ideal, but not possible in many cases.

A sump pump isn't a fix, it's a band-aid.
For all I know, what you really need is exterior waterproofing and
grading.

A sump pump is not necessarily a band-aid. In some areas the water
table is high enough that one may be required. They are common in
new construction in areas that need them and are signed off on by
building inspectors, home inspection companies, etc.