Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Wainscot in the closet?

On 30 Mar 2007 13:33:04 -0700, wrote:

I'm installing wainscot in a couple bedrooms. These bedrooms have
closets. One bedroom has a sliding door type or closet, the other is a
semi walk-in. I was thinking of installing the wainscot in the closet
also. My thoughts are, the closet doors are usually open and thus IMO
it would look better. However, is it common do have this in the
closets also?

Is it a new house to you? Right now your closets may be mostly
empty, but will that last. I have a small dresser in one plus some
boxes on the floor, and a 2 drawer file cabinet in another.

I have a shoe rack too, but one can see through that. There are more
parts that have nothing in front of the wall, but that tends to be the
part where the sliding doors usually sit.

Some people have so many clothes, and other things that they put in
second rod below the first.

OTOH, I'm a saver, and you may not be. If you're a thrower or a
no-buyer, you'll have room for years and years.

I was going to say something like h