Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default minor gloat and what to do with it?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:04:23 -0500, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

Has anyone used it for show, and what finish schedule seems to work
best. Hate to hide this pretty wood.

I've faked cherry with it quite convincingly.

While I wouldn't do it with furniture, I did it as trim.

Think "maple or birch" when finishing, as it blotches. My fake
cherry consisted of Solar Lux yellows and yellow orange dye stains
barrier coated with shellac, light brown pigment wiping stains, and
some color added to the clears to reach the final shades.

On the other hand, it makes GREAT drawer sides with no finish at all.