Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Wainscot in the closet?

In article .com,
says...

I'm installing wainscot in a couple bedrooms. These bedrooms have
closets. One bedroom has a sliding door type or closet, the other is a
semi walk-in. I was thinking of installing the wainscot in the closet
also. My thoughts are, the closet doors are usually open and thus IMO
it would look better. However, is it common do have this in the
closets also?

Not common; some would consider it overkill, but if you like it, it's a good
idea - it's your house.

In my closets, I have either an offwhite paint or - in two bedrooms - I have
accent colors on the closet walls and offwhite paint on all the shelving, top
and bottom of the shelves. Looks cool, although most of it is obscured with the
stuff that I'm storing in the closet. Some would consier even that to be
overkill, but it does give a more finished look as I live with the closet doors
both open and (more usually) closed.

Bottom line: it's your house, fix it how you'll enjoy it.

Banty