Dan Caster

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

Pistols are what you carry when you don't expect to need a gun. You
can carry a pistol all day in a holster and it will not be in your
way. It is not because it can be concealed. Policemen carry pistol
which are not concealed. And one does not necessarily carry a pistol
to shoot people. Pistols were carried by cowboys when there was some
chance of wolves, etc.

But I agree that today most of us never need to carry a pistol for
protection.

Dan

Old Nick wrote in message

I am convinced that guns cause more trouble than they solve on the
average. I sidearm has only one purpose. To shoot people at close
range, and be easily concealed.