Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default PCB track layout to schematic conversion

Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message
In article ,
N Cook wrote:
revised version Capturing the track layout on polyester pcb , I just
tried holding white card laid 45 degrees to the component side and
illuminating with a bright light, masking off around the board
opaque card. Photographing and then greyscaling and upping the contrast,
loses the small component shadows. Giving a very usefull track layout
with a bit of manual touching up for big component shadows etc . Other
photos for resistor values and overall views plus manually recording
overlay numbers that are hidden, transistor types, capacitor values etc

I use a flat bed scanner - with a black cloth over the top to keep out the
light. By playing with the grey scale values you can usually separate the
tracks from the rest. The component side can be flipped and overlaid.
Beauty of the scanner is the size can be actual and repeatable.

--
*Don't use no double negatives *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I've previously tried that but I could not get separation as not enough
contrast between laquer covered tracks and polyester.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England