Todd Rearick

Default Quick change tool post price check

I just finished building the toolpost referred to on this website:

http://www.rt66.com/~hypoxic/tool_post/toolpost.html

....took some time to do, and I still don't have all the toolholders I need
(I've made 4 so far), but I don't see how I could possibly go back to life
without it. Relatively fun project too..

...at $90 for a piston type, you'll save a little by building one yourself.
I had to buy the dovetail cutter, which I think was something like $30 and
the rest of the materials didn't amount to much.....but perhaps more
importantly you might wind up with something better than the piston post
enco is offering, and you can customize it to suit your needs. So far, even
though I am a total hack and screw up 1/2 the stuff I make, I'm really
thrilled with the results using it....

Todd

"Jim Wilson" wrote in message
link.net...
Enco has the Phase II piston-type AXA on sale for 90 bucks, and I'm
tempted. This is a luxury purchase for me, as I already have a couple
decent tool posts, but no quick-change. Should I jump on it or keep
waiting for a better deal?

Thanks!

Jim