dtechy dtechy is offline
Junior Member

Default domestic gas bill

Dear all, have received a gas bill for £188.00 for 91 days. The last bill was over £200.00.
I live in a 1 bedroom flat with a 2 year old ravenheat combi which has been flawless. spend 3 days a week at my girlfriends, and when I am in my flat alone, i'm only using my 'flame effect' gas fire.(yes I know most of it goes up chimney)with the lounge rad on as backup on the coldest nights. Scottish Gas have been contacted and I am taking readings for 7 days. When watching the meter with only the gas fire on the needle does not move 'smoothly' - is this relevant?
I am probably going to have the company come out to check the meter anyway, (there is a charge if meter is found to be OK). Lastly - sorry for long post, the meter has 1991 next to the dials and I suspect this is when it was last replaced, and it also has cubic feet on it as opposed to cubic meters. Could I be being billed 3 times the amount I should be.
Have been reading DIYbanter for 2 years now, but rarely post. Many thanks in advance.
Willie Davis

Last edited by dtechy : March 30th 07 at 05:08 PM