Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default Another garage door opener problem

Yeah, you won't need those "dumass eye things" until your neighbor's kid or
someone else gets pinned under your door. But of course you have a
mechanical reverse that is infallible until the day you need it to work.
But hey, that's what homeowner's insurance is for, right...?!

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
I messed with one of mine for about an hour one day until I noticed some
dumass had left the pull rope on the door, and it was crossing in front of
the "eye" when it got 8" off the floor. You never saw a knife in use so
fast.

that's why I mount those dumass eye things on the ceiling above the
opener. Very rarely does anything interfere with it up there.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

wrote in message
oups.com...

And that was the problem. The light sensor was just barely aligned,
so it showed a green and OK light. But as it was closing, the door
track must have vibrated just enough so that it lost the beam
momentarily and reversed. I think it pobably went out of alignment
from someone, like me, bumping into it. It's working perfectly now.

Thanks Joseph.