Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Festool comes through for me.

"Renowood" wrote in message
oups.com...
..

As a hobbiest woodwoker time is my biggest challenge, if this tool
saves me just 2 hrs on each project then the cost pays for itself in
no time. Where as a professional has to be able to recoup part of the
cost then the price may not be worth it.

The ability to take the $660 tool to the wood unlike a $3000 multi-
router is were I think this tool really shines.

FYI McFeely's is selling smaller batches of the dominos.

Also what's to prevent someone from making their own tenons. As for
the radius of the mortises its the same as the cutter.

The Festool tennons are relatively cheap. The small ones are as little a 4
cents each. Free time being valuable, buying them premade would be cheaper.
1800 for $67.