Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Dip tube question

Charlie Bress wrote:
I suspect the dip tube in my water heater has failed. Is it practical to
replace the tube? After years in various houses this is the first time this
has happened.
The tank in question is eight years old. Repair or replace? I don't know the
make off hand. The tank is in an inconvenient place.

Charlie

Yes it can be practical. Other factors are gas or electric, water
conditions, accessibility, and skill level.
Go he
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2esavf

For a tank that old, you may have difficulty in removing the inlet
pipe and of course you will need clear access above to get the new
dip tube in. There are solutions to all those problems.
--
Grandpa