Posted to alt.home.repair
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Septic Repair

On Mar 29, 1:28 pm, wrote:
On Mar 29, 1:25 pm, "GROVER" wrote:

On Mar 29, 1:06 pm, wrote:

Ok, I have sewage leaking and a faint odor coming from my bathroom.
The leak is at the end of my leach field so not a blockage. Probably
going to have to replace leach field. My question is what are the
requirements for installing a new leach field? My home is over 30
years old and a neighbor stated that code has changed and my .5 acre
wasn't big enough to install a new leach field or even replace the
existing field. If this is the case what am I supposed to do, pump out
the damn tank every 2 months? And worse, I was planning on selling
within a year to build on another plot of land I own. Who's going to
buy a house with septic problem, it's probably illegal anyway. Any
help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

I am not speaking from any authority, but this sounds like a
grandfather situation. That is a new leach field installed but
according to the code at the time it was originally installed.
Joe G

That would make sense but I would have to replace on the existing
field. I do not have another area on the property to install a new
field. Do you know what that involves? Replacing dirt?, pipes?,- Hide quoted text -

To my knowledge, the leaching portion of the field is composed of
crushed stone which helps the liquid to evaporate. The field
replacement will most probably require professional help and they will
have a front loader and dump truck to remove and replace the stone.
Joe G