Roy

Default Freon bottle air tank?

That was many many years ago, long befroe Freon 12 etxc was banned
from sales to the general public and epa regs and enforcement was in
place or in practice. I think it was rather good of them even back
then to take precautions. FWIU it was pretty much standard practice
with lots of service techs so oil etc was not sprayed around on folks
grass and shrubbery. I would not consider them doing that to be unsafe
or shoddy. Don;t know if they really reused it or not.

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:23:15 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

===Roy writes:
===
=== When they serviced my old AC unit they used a
=== partially filled freon container they had to put the old freon in, as
=== they had to repair a slight leak.
===
===That should have been a recovery tank, not a disposable. E.g.,
===
===http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...mId=1611629984
===
===Very bad practice if they used a disposable to recover used refrigerant
===from your unit.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.