Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Walking on a pitched roof

claude wrote:
While we are on the subject of a pitched roof, I'd like to know how to
attach a safety harness cable. I have a deadly fear of ledges ( not heights,
as a pilot that would be quite a problem ). This fear of ledges would be
greatly reduced if I felt secure in a safety harness. Where and how would I
attach this on the roof without drilling any holes? I've watched contractors
run around with their safety harnesses but I couldn't see how they where
attached.

Claude
Montreal Canada.

I hope this is all legible, my mother tongue is French.

Whatever ya do, don't run a rope over over the ridge, down the other
side and tie it onto the bumper of your car.

The last guy who tried that had his wife jump into the car without
noticing the rope and drive off.....

(That was funnier back when cars HAD real bumpers on 'em to which you
COULD tie a rope...)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia