Posted to alt.home.repair
Christopher Nelson Christopher Nelson is offline

Default Water softener *and* filter?

We have really awful municipal water and a water softener that results
in OK wash water but terrible tasting drinking water. Even using a
Brita pitcher doesn't make the water any where near as good tasting as
buying bottled water. But I'm sick of the expense and trouble of
hauling a case of bottled water home from the grocery store every week
and I'm considering a water filter, a reverse osmosis system, I
imagine and I'm left wondering, if the RO filter takes all the stuff
out of the water, do I still need a softener?