Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Pre-primed vs factory painted Hardi-Plank Siding

On Mar 29, 12:38 am, "Dave Bugg" wrote:
wrote:
The quote we got is about $900 more for primed with two coats of
paint. I'm sure the siding guy prefers the factory painted because he
saves a lot of labor cost using the pre-painted siding.

I suspect that you meant it would save you a lot of labor cost; unless, of
course, the contractor is providing free labor. My guess would be that the
factory primed and painted siding would be just fine, in addition to being a
better paint job under controlled factory conditions. I sincerely doubt that
it would look 'cheesy'. As to getting the colors you wanted, well, that's
just individual taste and tolerance.

--
"So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Davewww.davebbq.com

The pre painted siding is great. We get certainteed brand, and we can
get matching touch up paint and matching caulk. There is a better
color selection than in vinyl, but it isn't endless. As dave said,
it's a matter of individual taste.