Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ideas for 16 meter long arms...

In article , Lurch
writes
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:05:11 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
mused:

Bugger. I maidened a new toy plane and in the heat of the moment trying
to get it trimmed it landed neatly at the top of a mature poplar tree.

Its about twice as high up as the house..I've tried archery, but can't
get the carry with a line attached.

No chance to climb it. Its poplar.Branches fall off of their own accord,
let alone climbing. The only ones that don't are the ones with planes
stuck in them

The battery will be toast in 23 hours.

Any good ideas as to what will reach that high? Just need to hook a
branch and tip it out really..don't care about the damage..its a
prototype for a new kit and the beta model is already ordered.

Last time it took 6 weeks to shoot the airframe to bits with an air rifle..

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yr6gxz

Scary!, Could have done with one of those recently.. Not the one that
does 72 metres tho!....
--
Tony Sayer