Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Walking on a pitched roof

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:28:53 -0400, "claude" wrote:

While we are on the subject of a pitched roof, I'd like to know how to
attach a safety harness cable. I have a deadly fear of ledges ( not heights,
as a pilot that would be quite a problem ). This fear of ledges would be
greatly reduced if I felt secure in a safety harness. Where and how would I
attach this on the roof without drilling any holes? I've watched contractors
run around with their safety harnesses but I couldn't see how they where
attached.

Claude
Montreal Canada.

I hope this is all legible, my mother tongue is French.

This Old House demonstrated this method of safety. The guy was putting
in solar roof vent fans. Strapped in for safety.

The best AND last height for me was a 15 story; on a swing anchored
on the roof. Putting in corner bead on columns. The wind blows in off
the beach, pulls the swing away from the work. Yep, take me down; I'm
done. Oh, no harness - hard to work with one arm holding on. I was
younger then.

--
Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"