Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default New to turning.

Hi Jesse

Fred already gave you a number of good toolmaker names, I will add the
P&N Professional tools as a very good name also.
They do come unhandeled, so you don't have to pay for expensive
handles, and get a good turning exercise making handles for them.
As for what kind of tools to buy, I think you already know which tools
you use most, and I would just replace a few of those with the better
ones.
Here's a link to the tools, and they sell more brands, so you can
compare prices also.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,330&p=49138

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 28, 7:49 pm, Jesse wrote:
I am relatively new to the wood turning craft..That being said i bought
a lathe that i could afford at the time as well as tools that that
weren't premium.Both have worked quite well in getting me addicted to
the flying wood shavings .As a beginner project i have made a few tool
handles and as far as i am concerned they turned out quite well. My
question is this ,I am looking to purchase some new tools that are
better quality .But i am not sure how to go about choosing from the
multitude of companies out there .The lathe will be upgraded once i can
afford that but i think that it will take quite a bit of time for me
save the amount needed for what those lathes bring.Any advice would be
greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Jesse