Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Are Panasonic drills THAT good

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:QgBOh.5655$Qi2.4635@trndny07...
"Leon" wrote:

Panasonic does have some low end stuff and this drill may be riding in
on the coat tails like the Cadillac Cimeron did.

This drill is not a Cimaron. I haven't seen any low end Panasonic.

OK, this is deninately the low end Panasonic drill. I looked it up.

Panasonic drills are commonly being offered with at least 3.0 Ah Ni-MH
batteries and many are being offered with 3.5 Ah. and Li-ion technology.
The battery that comes with this particular Panasonic drill is quickly
becoming obsolite technoligy as far as power tool are concerned. My 17 year
old Panasonic had this battery technology and amp hour rating. The battery
technology on this particular drill is 2 gnerations old. The technoliogy
that replaced this battery is now being replaced by Li-ion.

This drill has a 2.0 Ah Ni-Cd battery.

It will be a good drill but you can get equal power and longetivity by a
modern and cheaper Ryobi.

Same thing on this drill. Stores 2 bits inside the handle. Not very
convenient, but there. I once saw a bit holder that strapped on your
wrist like a watch, now when I really want one, I can't find it. IIRC, it
held 4-6 bits.

I just saw the wrist bit holder in the McFeeley's catalog. IIRC it can also
be attached around the back end of the drill.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/FSC-...old-Wrist-Band