Posted to alt.home.repair
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Help choose between two cheap compressor combos

On Mar 27, 2:50 am, wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for all the responces to my previous post. There are two nice
cheap combos that could let me get in the game very nicely. One is
oilless Bostitch available at Lowes:http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=236551-...

Alternatively, Sears this set of two nailers + staplerhttp://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00916853000

which could be combined with this oil-lube compressor:http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00916636000

The Craftman combination will cost $50 less, but that's less important
than quality and performance.

Any feedback would be greatly apprecieated!

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Aaron,
If long useful life is a consideration, the oiless compressor has a
reputation among professionals as lasting only about a year. For the
infrequent or occasional user the oiless is probably okay. I bought
an oiless because it was light weight and when it seized up I brought
it back to the industrial tool suplier where I bought it. He told me
he would give me a partial credit against the purchase of a new one of
my choice and he would use the tank as a repair part.
Joe G