Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Workshop Uses for Garbage Disposal?

"N Hurst" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a "new" garbage disposal (a cheapo Insinkerator Badger1 that I
got during a white goods pickup recently) that I don't want to install
in my home (we're on a septic, and we've been fine without one since
we moved in), and it really isn't worth the effort in trying to sell.

I've done a search on the rec for some ideas, but I was wondering if
anyone had any others. I'd especially be interested in opinions on if
it can effectively be turned into a mini lathe. I assume the motor is
a TEFC induction motor, (advertised 1/2HP), so I don't think I could
just install a "dimmer" type switch to regulate the speed.

The other ideas I saw mentioned here we

1 - Stone/glass grinder
2 - Sharpening system base

Keep in mind that other than intermittent use, most come with instructions
to not run the motor unless the water is running.