Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Boilers etc from Govt "Energy-smart" scheme - any experience?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:53:47 +0000, Lobster wrote:

I'm probably going to buy a new boiler via www.energy-smart.co.uk, the
government's energy saving initiative wotsit - I can get a
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior for 711 GBP including VAT and flue,
which seems the best price I can find anywhere.

I paid £705.59 inc flue & VAT for my last Greenstar 24i Junior from
Graham's on the gov't boiler scheme. That was including the slightly more
expensive Condensfit telescopic flue with the ugly black angle-able flue
outlet.

(As an aside... householders are supposed to order this kit via a
CORGI... given that this means the CORGI would loses a large chunk of
profit by not being able to mark up materials, I'm curious to know how
many CORGIs are willing to take on this scheme, and how effective it is
therefore? How do the above prices compare with a decent trade price to
a CORGI?)

That's the best price I can get. I only fit a few boilers a year: maybe if
I fitted a few a month I might get a slightly better price.