Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default internal wall sound insulation

wrote:
who has given you this golden nugget of misinformation?

My architectural technician said I needed to watch out for part E of
the building regs - building a wall to make a new bathroom next to a
bedroom. It is in block as I need to 'tie in' the existing walls as
much as possible.

I see.

When i look in part E - the only diagram with single block is with the
blocks horizontal.

Are you sure they were blocks and not actually bricks?

I just wondered if anyone had had to do this, or
if anyone had got away with a single leaf concrete block internal wall
recently.

Yes, everyone who has had to build an internal wall with blocks.

All I can say about the building regs is - thank goodness there are a
finite number of letters in the alphabet!

You can't have a nine inch wall seperating a bedroom from a bathroom - it's
totally way OTT - what's going to hold that weight up?