Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Mixing a combi boiler with "wet" solar panels

On 28 Mar 2007 06:46:38 -0700 someone who may be
" wrote this:-

So you get the most hot water for heating on the sunniest days when
you are least likely to use it. I think you have it arse about face.
Use solar to augment the hot water which you will use year round.

Properly designed a solar system will produce almost all the hot
water needed in summer.

In winter it is unlikely to produce more than a small fraction of
the space heating requirement, unless it is grossly oversized for
summer use.

In the spring and autumn it might provide a useful fraction of the
space heating requirement on some days.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh