Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Boilers etc from Govt "Energy-smart" scheme - any experience?

Hi

I'm probably going to buy a new boiler via www.energy-smart.co.uk, the
government's energy saving initiative wotsit - I can get a
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior for 711 GBP including VAT and flue,
which seems the best price I can find anywhere.

They also sell heating controls at good prices (Danfoss and Honeywell).
However, all they put out is a pricelist, and for the Honeywell kit
it's extremely vague which models they are selling - phone then up and
they claim to have no more information. I wondered if anybody else has
dealt with them and knows any more about it? I'd like to be able to
make an informed choice (otherwise I'll just have to buy the controls
elsewhere.

Items which I'm interested in are described as follows:
Honeywell 24H Progg R Therm/s (32.32 GBP + VAT)
Honeywell 230V Room stat (5.98)
Honeywell Digital Room stat (13.99)
Honeywell 7 day prog therm OP stat) (34.00)

(As an aside... householders are supposed to order this kit via a
CORGI... given that this means the CORGI would loses a large chunk of
profit by not being able to mark up materials, I'm curious to know how
many CORGIs are willing to take on this scheme, and how effective it is
therefore? How do the above prices compare with a decent trade price to
a CORGI?)

Thanks
David