Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Total newbie...how to fix a garbage disposal....

On 27 Mar 2007 12:48:01 -0700, "RocketMan"
wrote:

No no,

I am certain that something 'bad' fell in and I want to get it out. I
didn't think it'd be THAT hard to remove the rubber thing but its
resisting all my attempts.

I'll check the link to see if there is a technique to it.

Stop trying to remove the rubber thing. I don't think it can be done
without taking the whole thing out.

Make sure no one can start the machine, and stick your hand in and
feel around. Maybe take a flashlight in there with you, and you can
use a 1/2 to 1 inch tube to look inside. It won't be troubled by the
rubber thing.

BTW, if it has stopped trying to turn, you'll have to push the red
button on the bottom to get it to try again.

And InSinkEerator makes iirc 80% of all the disposals in teh USA.
Many don't have that brandname, but they all are built the same. (The
others are 10 dollars cheaper and have a shorter warrantee, and for
all I know might be made more cheaply, but they function in the same
way.)

If your hand is too big, stick your daughter's hand in there. Tell
your wife you're teaching her not to feel fear. Seriously, kids are
good at reaching things we can't.