Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Help choose between two cheap compressor combos

On Mar 27, 12:51 pm, "Joe" wrote:

You'd be far better off getting a kit from Amazon.com, in particular
the Senco oil-less. The nice thing about the Amazon site is the owner reviews, pro and con, very helpful and if you search all the air compressors shown you'll see dozens of choices. FWIW, it's nice to own something you can
brag about. HTH

Amazon has a great site that's for sure. I am one of their fans and
have a long history with them. One thing that's wierd about Amazon is
that there is no way to actually talk to a person either by phone or
email.

Their site is so automated that they apparently see no reason to
communicate with you directly. I had a problem when they sent me the
same order twice. The mistake would have been obvious to an actual
person but the Amazon megasite did not notice. I received both
packages on the same day!

Yes, I was able to return the items at their expense but it was beyond
difficult. It was almost impossible. They make it very difficult to
navigate to a page that will help you. Then they give you a limited
number of problems you might have and they limit the options as much
as they can. It was obvious to me that it is a lot easier to buy
something there than it is to return it. I don't remember how I got
it fixed but I clearly remember that customer service is close to zero
at Amazon.

They have the greatest selection in the world and they are all set up
to sell you anything it seems but there is no way to actually talk to
anyone if yu have a queston or problem. There only places to clik
your mouse. That's just my rant on amazon. I'm still one of their
customers.

That is why I like to reccomend suppliers who have toll free numbers,
email support, and customer service. You don't get any of that from
Amazon.com

Here are two suppliers that I like:

http://www.northerntool.com/

http://www.7corners.com/contact.cfm