Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Car battery question

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:58:10 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

"Good" chargers won't turn on until they see a little voltage from the
battery. It keeps the thing from shorting out if you just touch the
leads together. I think it is really because the charge monitor uses
the voltage from the battery to bootsrtrap itself up.
A "cheap" charger doesn't have that problem, nor does jumper cables.

I have one of those "good" chargers. If the battery is low enough, it
takes a "bad" charger to get it started. After a few minutes, I can
switch to that "good" charger.

Hilarious. It's a good thing you have two of them.
--
Mark Lloyd