Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Scott Rotary Spreader Settings

On 27 Mar 2007 10:54:46 -0700, "Jeffy3" wrote:

On Mar 25, 6:54 pm, Norminn wrote:
Jeffy3 wrote:
What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back
in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of
years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on
the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could
at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

Most of the lawn equip. companies have good stuff on the Internet. I
checked their website and found an Accu Green 2000, but not Easy Green.
The Accu instructions tell how to calibrate that one, and also have
800 number to call. Can email them, as well. I fooled with a Scott's
spreader when hubby was our condo building manager, and it wasn't too
touch. I'd be willing to bet they can send you something to help. The
instr. for Accu advise to set it on 6, line up something or other, dump
in the amount of product for 1000 sq. ft. and try spreading it over 1000
sq ft.; adjust as needed.

http://www.scotts.com/index.cfm/even...gory/category/...

http://www.scotts.com/media/media/pd...ls/AccuGreen20...

I emailed Scotts and here is their response...

***Thank you for contacting us concerning Scotts products. As always,
it is our goal to make sure that our customers are completely
satisfied with our products and services.

Mr. Reynolds, as the SpeedyGreen 2000 is a broadcast or rotary
spreader, you will want to use the setting provided for Scotts rotary
spreaders on the product bags.

If there is a Scotts product that does not offer this setting, please
provide me with the full name and UPC barcode number of the product
and I will attempt to locate the proper setting.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any additional
help to you. ***

Although it's not really worded very well (check out the second
sentence), it was somewhat helpful in that it says to follow the
instructions for the rotary spreaders. That's nice but the setting on
the bag says "3 1/2" but there is no such setting on my spreader.
It's just in whole numbers.

I have one of those spreaders. It just has whole numbers, but there's
nothing there to prevent intermediate settings.

BTW, 3 1/2 is between 3 and 4.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell