Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cordless power tools... voltages

On Mar 27, 7:11?pm, "Joe" wrote:
On Mar 27, 12:49 pm, "crgrove" wrote:

Hi all,

I've been building some shelving units for my small apartment to make
the space more efficient. I'm using cordless tools for the most part.

I have a Kawasaki 19.2 volt cordless circular saw which I bought from
Sam's Club and it works great. It is not as loud as my corded saw.
However I'd like to have more batteries. There was a Kawasaki cordless
drill to match but it is available with the new 21.6 volt battery
packs only. The DISPLAY model, which looks the same as the ones on the
shelf for sale, has the same 19.2 volt batteries as my saw.

It LOOKS as though the battery packs, though different in voltage, are
physically the same package.

If I bought the Kawasaki 21.6 volt cordless drill can I use the
battery packs between it and my Kawasaki 19.2 volt cordless circular
saw interchangeably?? I suspect so since they are motors and motors
aren't usually that picky but I wanted to be sure.

Can anyone confirm this with me please?

Thanks,
Christopher Grove

What did Kawasaki customer service say when you called them? You did
call them, right?

Joe- Hide quoted text -

I doubt it would cause a problem, with an apartment your not using it
industrially