Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Furnace / AC Fan Coil in Attic?

That's exactly what I have in my house. Keep in mind (contrary to other
replies) you should NOT put a 92+%'r in the unconditioned area. Any HVAC
man who knows what he's doing will not put one there. Mine's an 80%'r and
works just great. The furnace could care less where it is other than the
above restriction.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"Pete D" wrote in message
. ..
Hey folks

Is there any down-side to putting a furnace in the attic? Will operating
in the sub-freezing ambient attic temps for the majority of the heating
cause the unit any extra wear and tear, or cost me more to heat?

And for that matter, does the AC plan sound reasonable?

Any thoughts at all would certainly be appreciated.

Pete D
Willoughby Hills OH