Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Scott Rotary Spreader Settings

On 27 Mar 2007 15:31:03 -0700, wrote:

On Mar 27, 2:52 pm, Norminn wrote:
clipped

Although it's not really worded very well (check out the second
sentence), it was somewhat helpful in that it says to follow the
instructions for the rotary spreaders. That's nice but the setting on
the bag says "3 1/2" but there is no such setting on my spreader.
It's just in whole numbers.

I doubt that either number is precise enough to rely on. I would run
it on the lower number and see how enough product for 1,000 s.f. works
out. One old lawn tip I found long ago suggested that you set apreader
for half the desired coverage and then do two applications, the second
going across the first like cross mowing.

The 3 1/2 setting is obtained by setting the dial on the handle
between 3 and 4. That's how my Scotts broadcast spreader works. Not
exactly rocket science.

You catch on fast (grin). An obvious reason for the "tick" marks on
the dial.

--
Oren