Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Default Removing solder mask from gold fingers - is it possible?

JW wrote:

Hello,

We have a problem with one of our circuit board vendors who applied solder
mask to the gold fingers on a lot of 100 boards. Naturally, the 100 boards
were built up and the problem wasn't discovered until test. Does anyone
know of a way to remove it without losing the gold on the fingers?
Solvent or ??

Thanks.

What does the board house use to clean its equipment with?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida