Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Weiss Bob Weiss is offline

Default Linksys BEFSR81 ver.2 router/switch component ID?

I inherited a Linksys BEFSR81 8-port ethernet router that a previous
owner connected the wrong power adapter to. There is a 14 pin surface
mount IC identified as "U7" in the front left corner of the board which
had the magic smoke let out of it. I assume that this is just some cheap
bit of glue logic, and would be worth attempting to replace before just
trashing the whole unit. Unfortunately, the chip is so badly burned that
I can't get any identifying numbers off of it. Everything else seems in
good condition, and the unit even lights up and displays the config page
correctly (but won't route any packets), so hopefully this will be an
easy fix.

Does anyone have access to a schematic for this unit, or have one that
they could crack open and have a look at?

73,
Bob Weiss N2IXK