Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joachim Wunder Joachim Wunder is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:02:06 +1000, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:26:36 +0200, Joachim Wunder
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Yes, Petrus, I am having hell of a problem here in Germany to still
find an equivalent to the 74ALS188. No solution yet. On the other
hand, I donīt know how critical accesstime is for the 8748 code which
is currently stored in the EPROM of the 8748. I guess finding that out
wouldnīt be easy without disassembling the code (which I have already
done, of course ) and understanding the full code.

So, if anyone here still has any unused 74ALS188 in stock, please let
me know and drop me an offer for them. Paying via PayPal preferred.

I have an N82S123 32x8 PROM. It's a 3-state type rather than open
collector (N82S23), but I believe that it is otherwise functionally
identical. Maybe all that you will need to make it work are pullup
resistors ???

Anyway, if it suits your needs you can have it for the cost of postage
from Australia. I can also program it for you.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks, Franc, for your kind offer. I guess I have just found a good
source in Germany for 74S188 from National. Hmmm, I am still curious
of which programmer you actually have. And, can any programmer even
copy an existing 74ALS188 if it (the programmer) can program an unused
74ALS188? Please pardon my stupidity, but except programming EPROMs
and 8748 I never did any 'acrobatics' with PROMs...

Joachim