Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default Can anybody explain what's happening?

I've got the same problem on my new roof.

Mine is caused by the metal drip edge being improperly installed.

The metal drip edge is supposed to cause the water to drip into the
gutter but when it was installed, it was shoved too tight against the
edge and caused the outside edge to be level or slightly elevated.
Thus the rainwater goes over the edge of the drip edge and runs back
down the side of the house instead of dripping into the gutter or off
the house.

The fix is put a slope on the drip edge with a pair of pliars. Very
easy to do on my one story roof but don't ask me to do it for yours.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:55:07 -0500, Melanie
wrote:

Just Joshin wrote:

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:39:31 -0500, Melanie
wrote:

Just had new roof, eavestroughs with flashing installed last spring.
This year we have these wet streaks running down one side of the house
(see pic here http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?i...898931qq3.jpg).

Did they screw up? Prior to having the work done, our original 40+ year
old gutters never did this at any time of the year (rain or snow melt
down)...

Been trying to get a hold of the roofer but wouldn't you know it they
never seem to return our calls! : (

If anybody could offer their wisdom I'd really appreciate it...it will
also help once I get a hold of our roofer...

Thanks in advance!
Melanie

Did you have ice dams?

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

Not that we could see...there were no icicles hanging off the edges of
the roof if that's what icedams are?...