Posted to alt.home.repair
jay-n-123 jay-n-123 is offline

Default would this be crazy?

Actually I do have a water alarm underneath it already...not the kind that
automatically shuts anything off though.

BTW, I'm finding that the water alarms I have work (wathchdog I think) work
better when you fold a piece of paper towel and stick it underneath the
alarm...this is because the metal electrodes don't touch the floor and if
there is a slight leak the alarm might not go off if the water doesn't get
to touch the electrodes...but if you fold a piece of paper towel the towel
will absorb the water from even a slight leak and cause the alarm to
trigger.

J.